What I let go of so far

  


           Things I have got rid of during my journey

1. Excess Makeup & Cosmetics:

​I use to be obsessed with makeup artists and watching all these people have so much makeup, that’s what I wanted. So I would buy stuff just because a previous beauty guru wore it. As it turns out, I’d use some of these items and it didn’t help my problems. It didn’t make me feel any better about my self, I still looked the same but with a cake of makeup on. I soon realized I do not need all these excessive and over the top make up. I realized that no matter if I had all this makeup or not I’d still use the same products every day. Now I do not have the desire to use make up all the time except on occasions so I stuck with the “essentials.” Now I only buy products when I run out but since I do not use makeup heavily and every day my foundation will last me a while.


2. Cleaning supplies: 
     
 I use to be obsessed with cleaning and cleaning products in general. I felt like I needed cleaning products for every little thing, different stuff like Windex for the mirrors, different kinds of dusting spray when I dusted, bucket loads of Clorox wipes that just affect the environment and end up using like 20 sheets every time I would clean so it would be costly in the end, different kinds of sprays... you name it. I then realized I use the same products usually which is my Method all purpose cleaner that you can use on everything and it is eco friendly and kid friendly. Bonus- the one I use smells like lavender. I realized I don’t need to hoard all these unnecessary cleaning products, and stuck with the basics.


3. Social Media:

​I decided to clear people I didn’t know or haven’t talked to in more than 30 days, I was consumed for years with having 1,000s of “friends” on my Facebook. But as I came to get older and a little wiser I realized I don’t need all of these “ friends” to feel whole. I don’t need the constant desire to have people on my page. I use Facebook more than most people, I realized I wasn’t seeing the important things on Facebook, I wasn’t seeing stuff that brought me joy. I was seeing stuff that brought down my mood or even agitated me, I was seeing stuff about people I didn’t really care about and not seeing stuff that actually mattered. So, I decided to delete these people off my friends list and now I’m seeing everything I truly care about like actual friends and family members.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How we manage our tiny living